ANST - [Fwd: RN- Gulf War date corrections]

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 12:34:20 PDT 1999

Greetings,

I, too, was looking forward to going to Gulf Wars next year. I think this is
a crucial issue to the continuation of Gulf Wars and some compromise should
be made. As it was pointed out, most Ansteorran universities and schools
have spring break during this week while the universities of  Meridies and
Trimaris have no such consensus. It would seem to me that the logical course
would be to choose the week when the majority of people would be able to
attend. I understand that the owner is an educator as are most of the staff,
this is a difficult decision for them but they are also running a business
and we generate a large income for the business.  If they are operating the
campground on a for-profit basis then they should also be made aware that
they will be losing a large amount of money. Is the site going to be closed
the week of the 12th to other groups? Are they only opening it out of season
for us?  Are they only running the campground as a side job?

I am very disappointed about the change in dates and I don't really expect
anything to change. As a teacher, I am shut out of Pennsic because of the
beginning of school (which for Austin teachers is Aug. 4 this year )  and
Gulf Wars because of spring break conflicts. I guess I need to start looking
closer at Lillies.

Just my 2 cents,
Ysabeau of Prague