ANST - Gulf War IX dates vs. Spring Break

Brent & Susan Rachel hbrache at texas.net
Thu May 27 15:50:58 PDT 1999

Michael Tucker wrote:

> Spring Break schedules for public school systems:
> March 5-11
>
> March 12-18
> - Austin ISD
> - Fort Worth ISD
> - Houston ISD
> - San Antonio ISD

Whoa.  I salute your research efforts, but your statistics are a bit misleading.
San Antonio has *17* separate school districts.  SAISD is but one..., not even one
of the 3 biggest.  The whole city seldom takes Spring Break at the same time.  I am
sure that D/FW, Houston and Austin are similar.

I intend to await the facts of whether we were ever contracted for the original
dates, whether it is deemed reasonable to alter such dates just so the owner of a
business (that is designed to run without his express presence, I hope) can be there
with cheaper spring break college labor, and why we as a Kingdom were never
consulted in changing them.  Until we know some real facts as to why, we are kinda
spinning our wheels.

Kazimir Petrovich