ANST - clothing vs garb

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Mon Nov 22 19:42:57 PST 1999

> > never much cared to play the "freak the mundane" game that so many love ....
> > tends to attract to much negative attention at times
>
> I, for one, have been dressed in garb in many places and situations and
> I recall no experience that I would term "negative attention".

Lucky for you!  MANY (over 12) years ago I went to a  Bordermarch Spring Melees
and several friends and I went into Vider, Texas for beer and snacks.  Not
realizing the area we were in, we went in garb, some packing small daggers as part
of that garb.  The Vider police showed up at the small drive-in grocery, ID-ed us
all and followed us back to the park where the event used to be held. It was not a
pleasant experience.  One of the friends had no ID and the cops were not very
polite about that.

After that experience I learned if I go into a small town I take the time to
change.

Moriel***