ANST - Re: Whats a guy to do

Fionnghal Nic Phaidin fionghal at chaosbutterfly.com
Fri Oct 8 07:55:53 PDT 1999

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999 JHORTON at sfaadm.sfasu.edu wrote:

> Brent Hanner <behanner at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Was looking through the Manessa Codex today and a few other pictures
> > and noticed something that causes me a delima.  Every sword belt
> > in the book is white (granted may have missed one).  plus
> > several other pictures from that period have the same thing.
> > I'll post some stats tomorrow.  So whats a guy to do?
>
> If i were printing a period book, i would not waste time cutting a block
> with the likness of a squire.
>
> My 2 farthings
>
> josef of graywood

Well... maybe, and I know this may sound a bit sacreligous to some of you
out there.. but perhaps in those times sword belts just wern't color coded
and white was just popular.  If I remember right from all the books I have
looked at, the chain was the biggest symbol of peerage, that and perhaps
in a few cases a garter.  But I am no expert in these things...

Fionnghal