ANST - Re: Whats a guy to do

Brent Hanner behanner at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 10 12:35:00 PDT 1999

JHORTON at sfaadm.sfasu.edu wrote:

> If i were printing a period book, i would not waste time cutting a block
> with the likness of a squire.

Well lets look at the evidence.

Here are how the belts span out.  These are sword belts only and they
are
all white.
(Note:one looks slightly greyish but we will assume its fadded or bled)

Uppernobility :  5
Herren   :  8
No Stated Title : 8
Others
Plate #4- Most likey ritter or higher
Plate #19- 2 foot soldiers with white belts. Definitely not knights.
Plate #61- Soldier of some sort could be a ritter
Plate #66- Soldier of some sort could be ritter or better.
plate #92- 2 Soldiers of some sort could be ritter
plate #108- Soldier,  most likely ritter or better.
plate #127- Not actually a sword belt but very similar.  Crossbow belt
worn like
	a sword belt.  No rank given.
plate #135- More than likely a noble of some sort.

The majority of the sword belts are on people who are ritters or above
but in 13th century Germany knighthood was still a rather middle class
thing. Knighthood would be the equililant of recieving your AoA.  But
the fact is that even those that aren't ritters in the Codex are wearing
white sword belts.

So whats a guy to do.

Peder

--
"While helmets onto heads were tied we formed the groups with which we
ride.

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien