ANST - Lists of peers

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Mon Oct 11 10:44:15 PDT 1999

Hi, Mistress Teleri:

You wrote:

> I probably missed something along the line. Why are we making these lists?
>
> Teleri

Gilli asked how many Peers there were in the kingdom. After some discussion, it
was agreed he meant "how many active Peers". There was some more discussion of
what "active" meant. Currently, we are posting lists of known Peers, and
inviting participants of this forum to vouch for whether the people on those
lists are "active".

The current working definition of "active" seems to be: they've attended at
least a couple of events in the past year, and they did more than just "see and
be seen". They are doing *something* to contribute to the SCA, whether it's
teaching, competing, attending Circles, or whatever. A "cameo" appearance or two
doth not an "active Peer" make. :-)

Yours,
Michael