ANST - Lists of peers

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Oct 11 14:28:38 PDT 1999

Cullinn commented:
> Being relatively new to the society, I am often
> curious about which art or science Master or Mistress
> (fill in the blank) was recognized for.  This would be
> helpful for me if I had a question about armor making.
>  I wouldn't want to bother an accomplished caligrapher
> or illuminator.

A while back, when I was baronial A&S minister here in Bryn Gwlad,
I had this same problem. I had only been in a year or two and
didn't know who the experts were in various fields. I wanted to
be able to direct folks to those that were the experts in the
fields that interested them. So I asked the folks to list for me
the areas they were experts in. And...
I didn't get much response. When I checked in to this, I found a
lot of people who would say "But I'm not an expert in anything".
My solution was to rephrase the question and ask folks to name
other people they thought had expertise and in what fields. This
worked much better.

I do think this list could be useful in another way. I've thought
off and on of becoming a protege or apprentice but I know only a
few Peers in my area. There are likely some, particularly members
of that subspecies, the stealth Pelican, that have gone unnoticed
by me.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net