ANST - Patents

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 07:54:53 PDT 1999

I can honestly say that the West, Caid, Atenveldt and Artemesia all pretty
much grant the Patent automatically at the end of the Reign.

I don't like polling for the reasons Galen stated.  I think unless something
very bad happened, the Patent should be granted.

Timo's and my research varies, I have Calontir as Patent granting....

I am sure that there has been a rare instance where it was refused, but any
of these I cannot recall.

I was Granted a Patent with my County from Caid, My Laurel and Pelican, and
my Patent was also read into Law in Atenveldt when I became a Duchess.  In a
march of presedence, the Herald's always went from the rank, and then the
dates to determine where I was supposed to be etc...

Do I think that those not granted this are missing something, well, yes I
do.  And I would very much like to see them receive the recognition.  Even
if it is only considered an additional heraldic pat on the back.

I have only beautiful memories of the tradition of granting the Patent of
arms to those who have given a chunk of their lives to rule a Kingdom as
it's Crown.

I am infinately curious what the reason's were for this to have been with
held originally from Ansteorran law.

I have spoken with alot of people here in Ansteorra who would like to see
this happen here.  I hope that those people will also be vocal here, and not
be shy.

Larissa