ANST - Top ten reasons to fling frogs

Jennene Stanley tstanley at ou.edu
Mon Oct 11 16:55:27 PDT 1999

Greetings all....

Lady Selva of the Treeless Plains emailed me this and I couldn't resist sharing it with those who have flung wet amphibians. I'm not sure if anyone has sent this to the list before but I thought you all would get a giggle from it.  (Life can be soooo serious)  Enjoy!

Top Ten Reasons to Fling Frogs

10)  They hadn't invented "Gameboy" yet.

9)  It was easier than flinging horses.

8)  Women's frog flinging team won the World Cup, and the sport just took off.

7)  A panicked reaction to Nostradamus' cryptic "Bud-wis-er" prophecy.

6)  Despite obvious health dangers, "frog throwing" lobby was just too strong.

5)  Seemed better than other early games, such as "drink reindeer urine", and "Invade Poland".

4)  Nobody liked the French then, either.

3)  All the cool kids did it.

2)  Frogs, sticks, and a whole lot of mead.  It just invented itself.

1)  Nothing says "I love you" like a frog upside the head.

Anya
-mka-
Jennene R. Stanley
"Mooharpist"   e-mail at tstanley at ou.edu      MOO!