ANST - Lists of Peers

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Thu Oct 14 05:54:03 PDT 1999

	Baron Bors wrote:

>      All of this fal-da-rah about active or inactive Peers is nice but
> really
> meaningless.

What it does show is what we, non-peers, want from the Peers.  That is
something that the Peers need to know, and that is hard to keep a handle on.
There are many Laurel's that think it is inappropriate for them to compete,
yet every deffinition of a Laurel on this thread has included participating
in competitions.  If that message gets taken back to a circle and we start
to see our best artists again than this has been a very meaningful
discussion.

As for discussing Court Baron/ess....I feel people don't generally do that
because that hat is given for such a variety of reasons.  There are no
guidelines for the award.  Other than when it is given to a Landed that has
stepped down, some say it is for service, some say it is for noble bearing,
and some say it is a cookie that the Crown gives to their friends.  Probably
all of those have been true at one time or another.

Alys
Hoping that she lives up to her own definition of Court Baroness, as that is
the only one that she can be sure of.