ANST - Lists of Peers, the next generation, or deep south 35,or voyageur...

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Oct 14 16:14:52 PDT 1999

Brief reply, I'm on my way to Elfsea's moot...

>Reading back over my post I see I used "orphan" twice.  I had tried to pepper my post
>with several of the terms, just as I tried to distill the posts to the various
>suggestion that had been made there.  I also tried to construct the post to make sure
>that all knew that these were my "reportings" vice my "personal feelings."

Your goal here was clear, and I thought well done.

>I personally do believe that their is a social compact between the SCA (in the person
>of the Kingdoms) and the membership that the best of what we can be (NOT just
>prowess, but personal bests.., fighting the good fight.., dedication and hard
>work...) will be recognized commensurately, and universally.., they should all be
>peers of each other.  The SCA, purporting to celebrate the Middle Ages as they should
>have been should contain no second class citizens.., and it is clear from the posting
>on the other list that there are a lot of folks out there who see some folks as
>distinctly second class.

This is a reasonable position, well stated, but I disagree with it.

>> Do we presently have peerage-quality
>> active archers in Ansteorra?
>
>It is a black mark against us both that we do not know.

No one can _know_.  But in my opinion, bolstered by conversation
with an archer or two, we don't.  But I do agree with Gilli
that we should have some level of armigerous archery award.

- Galen