ANST - Openly Gay Male Knights

C.L. Ward gunnora at bga.com
Mon Oct 18 14:35:46 PDT 1999

In the course of the on-going argumentation, it was said:
>I've yet to meet an openly gay male knight...

There are gay male knights, but they choose to be closeted within the SCA.
That's their decision, and I respect their right to it.

There is also one male-to-female transsexual who was a knight before and was,
I have been told, reknighted afterwards, after recovering and reestablishing
the level of martial excellence one expects of a knight.  Whether reknighted
or no, she's fighting and apparently at the level one would expect of a knight.
 This would be Sir Selene (?sp?), who is not listed on the Lady Knights webpage
at her own request.

None of the gentles I know of discussed above live in Ansteorra.  Doesn't mean
that there are none here, just none that I'm aware of.  I believe Selene is
in An Tir.

Just another tidbit of interkingdom anthropology...

::GUNNORA::