ANST - What is a Peer?

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Tue Oct 19 06:58:28 PDT 1999

Moriel*** wrote:

>This also helped out greatly in doing an OP for the group. Now for a HUGE
group
>like Stargate they might want to have a person whose sole job is keeping
up on
>awards.

Even for smaller groups, having a dedicated OP deputy is a good thing. I've
been keeping the OP for Mooneschadoweshire for, well, probably about 10
years now on computer. Once started, it is very easy to update it.  Another
important item to consider, is to periodically PUBLISH the local OP/list of
awards in the local newsletter, especially about a month or two before the
local group's big event.  It's worked well for Mooneschadoweshire, at
least. (In fact, I actually keep two lists: a comprehensive list that
includes everyone that has received an award while living here, and a
*currently*active* list that deletes out those people who have moved away,
stopped playing or died. Considering how many people have played their way
through Mooneschadowe, it's the *only* way to keep the size of the list
smaller and more managable.)

Estrill
(9 days to go)