ANST - Kingdom Eisteddfod

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Oct 26 17:39:13 PDT 1999

Robert Fitzmorgan of Northkeep recently asked about the conditions
for Kingdom Eisteddfod.  Here's the info which was put together for
the BlackStar ad.  Beneath it I have included some specifics about
the hall itself as well as a few helpful details about the event.

* * * Eisteddfod Ad text follows * * *

Their Excellencies, Barn and Katrionna, Baron and Baroness of
Wiesenfeuer, would like to invite all who love story, song and music
to come share a spot around the circle as we are honored to host
Kingdom Eisteddfod.

This wonderful event is being held in conjunction with our Yule Revel
on the 11th of December.  Come join us as we witness the finest bardic
performances our kingdom has to offer.  We challenge everyone to bring
largess to recognize the bards whose performances touch your hearts,
fire your blood, or bring a tear to your eye.

The competition will be held in a period tournament format.  So come
armed with your best pieces:  polish new pieces and knock the rust off
the old.  Those wishing to compete should come prepared to perform in
the round, one on one, alternating styles (prose, poetry and music),
individual performances only.  Performances should be limited to 5
minutes.

It should be noted that traveling to Gulf Wars is not a requirement
this year but is recommend.  Participation by the Premier Bard at Gulf
War has yet to be determined.

As the site opens at 10am, sign up for the list will begin promptly at
10:30am so the tournament can get underway as early as possible.

Experienced field heralds that would like to offer their assistance
are welcome.  Please check in at the list mistress table during
sign-up.

Any questions regarding the Eisteddfod should be directed to
Ansteorra's Premier Bard:
  Duchess Willow de Wisp -  817-794-0320
  willowdewisp at juno.com

All information about the event, as well as a map to the site, can be
found in the Wiesenfeuer Yule Revel Ad in the BlackStar.

* * * end of event ad * * *

Additional "FYI" stuff,

The site is the Edmond National Guard Armory.  We're sorry to say
that we didn't have Kingdom Eisteddfod in mind when we selected our
site, so bear with us if there is confusion in working out some of
the details.

We have been given access to a room separate from the large armory
hall which can be used for the Eisteddfod.  It is not as big as we
would have preferred (only @ 25x40ft).  However, it *does* have much
better acoustics than the hall and has great decorative potential.
If we don't think this room can accomodate the size of the tournament
set-up, we will have to move to the open hall (or, I suppose if the
weather is nice (in December???), we could set up at an adjacent
park).

Everyone should keep in mind that feast at Yule is run as a potluck
and set up buffet style.  Site fee includes the cost of food unless
you bring your own dish to contribute to the potluck.

MERCHANTS:
Although we love merchants, the addition of the Eisteddfod (and the
resulting rise in attendance) forces us to limit Merchant space.  You
MUST call the autocrat in advance to have any hope of getting space
to set up.  You will need to bring your own tables.

CHAIRS:
The armory has some chairs available, however, we are now expecting
more people than we will have chairs to accomodate.  Additionally,
their chairs are designed for military use and are not very
comfortable.  We encourage everyone to bring their own chairs to sit
in to enhance the ambience of the hall and contribute to your own
personal comfort :-)

That about covers what I know.  If anyone needs additional
information, you can e-mail me or contact the autocrat.  Questions
about the Eisteddfod itself should be directed to Her Grace Willow
(contact info above).

Thanks,