ANST - Another danger of Tiki Torches

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 14:00:36 PDT 1999

Another danger of tiki torches is their REMOVAL.  How?

Last summer, I did Shakespeare in the Park, "As You
Like It" w/ American Theater Company, Tulsa OK.  I had
a small role, an attendent 'lord/lady' type to one of
the dukes that required me to run/scurry off stage.
Around our un dropped back and side perimitter, our
set guy had put up tiki torches.  Before the
performance, one fell and extinguished itself.
Someone removed it, but forgot to tell the cast.  So
here I come running off that side and my pump's heel
(modern dress show) catches the post hole left by the
torch, twisting it severely.  It still acts up if I
agravate it at all.

The moral of the story is, if you dig a hole, then
take the torch out, refill the hole.  It can save
someone major pain.

Aline