ANST - odd cleanups ... was: question: hound decontamination

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Sep 30 12:41:55 PDT 1999

On 30 Sep 99, at 11:42, Chris Harper wrote:

> I have always heard that washing in tomato juice would remove a skunks smell off
> of anything, so I am guessing if that is so, maybe it would work on the kind of
> odors you are dealing with.  Hope this helps.

never keep the stuff around so it was not a consideration for a immediate "spot
fix" (nice pun, think i'll leave it in) ... though the "baby powder" did
wonders (always keep it around for summer ... hint: if you favor kilts in the
summer, and you wear them "correctly", toss a small container in the personal
section of your tourney kit ...).  guessing that cornstarch would have worked
as well ... much easier using a "dry cleaning" method in the middle of the
night than a wet one.

someone on the herbal list mentioned something my grandmother used to use, and
i had forgotten about until reminded - vinegar ... guess the smell of a giant
pickle beats the smell of deceased & fermented squirrel (grin).

the next-day solution was a wash with the old reliable Doc Bonner's liquid soap
... that my house *always* keeps on hand.  that stuff will cure just about any
ill in the known universe - more if you read the label claims (g)

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)