ANST - Wiesenfeurer Baronial results

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Sep 7 17:50:22 PDT 1999

> "great" and embarrasing things? Like what? What acts were good enough
> to grant these first three members entry into the elite ranks of this award?

Master Lucais was the second recipient of this award for
grandly and loudly opening court for "Arafel, Beavis" - the
herald's tongue-tied version of "Arafel, Baroness of Wiesenfeuer".
You can imagine the kind of chaos that ensued.

The first recipient, Ly Angelica Fletcher, received her Flaming
Weasel for making one of those comments you don't want overheard in
front of the very person it would proove most embarassing to have
overhear it.

Our most recent recipient, Baroness Arafel, received her Weasel for
something that happened a while back.  At the time she was baroness
and could not present a Weasel to herself, though the act was
embarassing enough to be worthy of *at least* a Weasel.  Barn and I
corrected the oversight last weekend.  To find out details of the
incident, one must ask Arafel herself.  However, I can say that
Her Excellency has since avoided both tequila and propane tanks.

The Flaming Weasel is meant to recognize graceless social errors, so
that they can continue to amuse us even years after the fact.
Besides being good for sheer entertainment value, they remind us that
it's OK to laugh at ourselves.  In Wiesenfeuer, where we're all quite
human, it has been determined that this is a good thing to do.

Baroness of Wiesenfeuer