ANST - Valor Tournament

Johann & Ceridwen auntdwen at ionet.net
Wed Sep 8 14:54:51 PDT 1999

Greetings,

        My Lord Johann and I went to Valor.  We had a great time.  We were
pleased to see three members of the Liondragon Guard out there showing their
colors and encouraging folks to come to Guardian.  I hope these were not the
gentles that had a poor time.  Seemed all grins when last I saw them.  Sven
was there with his children, Bear and his lady and their family were there.
I'm sure I've left someone out...

        The Valor tourney lasted until about 3 p.  There was a Royal court
(gee, you should see how differently others do things!), a wedding, a grand
feast, a torch light tourney and bellydancing competition Sat. night.  6'
weapons tourney and melees til you drop Sun.  they had really good A&S
displays and I know archery and knife,axe and spear as well.  There were
about 250-300 at the event.  In many ways it mirrored it's sister in
Wiesenfeuer.  Except of course the cold front did make it all the way to
Wichita.  We were cool and overcast nearly all day Sun. with a high in the
low 80's.  We were treated with grace and chivalry and had a chance to see a
number of good friends.  This was the XXth Valor, and will be the last to be
held on Labor Day weekend.  Next year they're talking about a war with the
Outlands on Labor Day.

        Ld. Johann and House Wolfstar have challenged the Baron of Va'tavia
and "all the rabble he can muster" to come to Ansteorra in the early spring
for a fight.  There were a large number who said they would plan on coming.

        It is a great fortune that we live in the Wastelands where we are
equally distant from so many fine groups.  For us, as with others in
Nordsteorra, Wichita and the Barony of Va'tavia is no further than other
sites.  It's cool, if you're unable to go to a large war, to have such a
close opportunity to see how another kingdom plays the game.

Still Having Fun,

Baroness Ceridwen of Wizard's Keep

			**A wolf that won't howl will never
				find its pack.--Anon.**