ANST - Newcomers

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:24:56 PDT 2000

  Although fighter practice is basically a demo, as well as an oppertunity
for us to hone our skills; all of the new members I have partisipated in the
act of bringing into the SCA, have been through real demo's and yes RenFair.
We have also brought a few in through web pages that the person said look
clear and easy to read.
  Torre does a cubscout demo every year, and it has brought in a few. They
first saw us as cubscouts. Then they were leaders in scouting so they
continued to see us as the got older. Now they are SCA. We have one we
brought in from a school demo. Now she is SCA. Although the school aged
teen/adults usually go off to college somewhere and participate there, we
still brought them in.
  I can not stress how important the demo's we do are, both public and
school. We need short handouts to use as 'bait'. We need good short web
pages to serve as introductions.
  Although I am not quite a newcomer having been in now for just over 2
years, I am still under the the 3 year mark. I feel we need to bring
together the minds of those who have served our dream for many years as well
as those who have jsut dicovered it, and create something wonderful to help
others discover us as well. We need to make Demo's a priority when at all
possible.

from the babbling mouth of,
mahee of acre

ps, there was no intent of mallise or flame against anyone, please do not
take anything I have said as such.