ANST - Royal Huntsman

Debbie Dewart darcy at seacove.net
Mon Apr 3 16:38:49 PDT 2000

>Phelim "Pug" Gervase  said something like:
>
>I know that I have completed *half* of a IKAC in 45 minutes when there
>were 2 archers. (Due to bow problems I couldn't finish. The bow problem
>is fixed now I need to fix my arrow problem.) This was constant shooting
>and scoring. I will hopefully complete at least one IKAC score this year.

Good for you.  I applaud your efforts to support our kingdom.  What, by the
way  is your arrow problem?  If Gilli or I can help let us know.  Gilli
usually carries an arrow repair kit with him to events.

>Maybe it's a matter of educating/allowing people on how to score it
themself as
>long as they have an acceptable witness.

The IKAC is scored by the archer when he/she retrieves the arrows from the
butt.  A minimum of 2 people is needed to shoot an IKAC:  one the archer,
the other an authorized marshal.

 (I still remember the wonderful score that the lady got during the string
shoot.
>It was quite impressive.)

It really was!

>The IKAC never happened due to the other wonderful stuff during the
>day. There were 4 of us hoping to have it happen, but the schedule did
>not allow for it since there was no one to score them for us.

Actually, the IKAC was not shoot due to a lack of marshals.  The requirement
for an authorized marshal on the archery range is new in the kingdom and
there are few of them.  The ones who were at Southern Regional simply ran
out of steam (non-period metaphor) before the IKAC could be shoot.  If you
would like to find out about becoming an archery marshal contact Ld.
Fearghus MacKenna the kingdom Archery Marshal at (817) 467-6959 or
lordfeargus at home.com.

Ever in Service

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm
Proud member of the Archery Community
Lady of House Ursa Dormant - an archery household