ANST - Royal Huntsman

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:22:23 PDT 2000

>Time for me to stir some more. If their Majesties really
>wish to encourage archery in our fair Kingdom they need
>to make their presence seen on the archery range and it
>would be real nice if they were to shoot as well."""

I am trying to say this in as nice a way as possible so if anyone get's the
wrong idea, please write me privately.

Having some experience being a Queen *L* I can tell you that every Crown
cares very much about their archery and light weapons community.

However, if you truly want the participation of your Crown, then you could
help them to do this by scheduling activities at such a time as to make it
easier for them to attend.

Let me explain.

Your King and Queen in many cases drive many hours to reach a site, then
they hold at least 2 courts, usually a morning and an evening, are expected
to sit at feast, watch any and all lists, hold circles and meetings, as well
as be available to the populace and have time to consult with your local
nobility etc.

Most time the archery shoot is held very early in the morning, and after a
long drive or a long night of courts and meetings, it can be very harsh to
try and get ready to be "on" as the Crown again, I know this from many
experiences.

An invitation to a breakfast/archery shoot, or an afternoon tea sitting
under a pavilion while the archers shoot is a wonderful way to give your
Royalty a break, let them be involved, and still have time to eat and rest.
It also draws others into your community and makes them feel like a part of
the activities, and let's the archer's show off their skills and meet new
people as well.

I did a Queen's Tea for Octavia at ATYC and it was tied in with the Archery.
  Alot of people came in, got food, watched the archers and I thought it
went fairly well.

I hope this gives you some ideas.  Because of safety issues and space
issues, archery gets put far out of the centers of activity sometimes,
perhaps trying some activities like this will help!

Larissa