ANST - Royal Huntsman

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Apr 3 11:44:08 PDT 2000

Debbie Dewart (darcy at seacove.net) said something that sounded like:
> What is to long?

I know that I have completed *half* of a IKAC in 45 minutes when there
were 2 archers. (Due to bow problems I couldn't finish. The bow problem
is fixed now I need to fix my arrow problem.) This was constant shooting
and scoring. I will hopefully complete at least one IKAC score this year.

> How long does it take to fight in a tourney?

I don't know. I've never fought in one. Although I watch from time to
time, I am generally off doing other things during it. This weekend I
only caught the last 2 rounds of the regional championship.

> Yes,
> it would be nice if archers could come and  shoot the competitions at their
> leasure but then there would be no time to shoot some of the fun stuff like
> string shoots and the combat archery golf at this past Southern Regional
> Festival.

Maybe it's a matter of educating/allowing people on how to score it themself as
long as they have an acceptable witness.

> This strikes me as a matter of personal priority.  If you want to
> shoot the competitions you will make the time to do it.

Exactly.

> I'm glad that you enjoyed the event.  I sorry you didn't make it to the
> archery range where you might have witnessed me earning my new title "Random
> Lady".

I was at the archery range for several hours this weekend. I competed in
2 of the 3 competitions. I did not compete in the third because I was
practing for the IKAC that was to happen later in the day. (I still
remember the wonderful score that the lady got during the strings shoot.
It was quite impressive.)

The IKAC never happened due to the other wonderful stuff during the
day. There were 4 of us hoping to have it happen, but the schedule did
not allow for it since there was no one to score them for us.

Ciao,