ANST - current archery awards

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Mon Apr 3 22:29:34 PDT 2000

Ladyarabella wrote:

> Maybe some one in the Heraldry department, someone who has access to the
> Order of Presidance, might comment about the others in the Kingdom.

The OP is online at http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/OP/ (and
linked from the Ansteorran homepage).

The Sable Falcon doesn't list the combat style (ie, combat archery,
sword and shield, etc.).

King's Archers awarded:

97/09/20 - Plachoya Sobaka
97/09/27 - Wayne of the Heights
97/10/04 - Gilbert Ost Westley (listed as Premier)

(If Gilli really is the Premier King's Archer then either his date or
Plachoya's and Wayne's dates need correcting in the OP.)

97/12/13 - Morgan Dracos
98/01/10 - Sebastian Eton Frobishire
98/01/17 - Talmon Wilbanks
98/05/02 - Eadric of Hastings
98/09/05 - Daniel Blackaxe
98/09/26 - Fearghus McKenna
98/12/12 - Octavia de Verdon
98/12/31 - Talon of Blackoak
99/01/09 - Corwin MacEoian
99/02/14 - Roger Aylward Bagley
99/02/20 - Elric Dracwine
99/04/03 - Carylye du Trais
99/04/10 - Moreg Cochrane
99/10/23 - Hojo Tomanaga

I don't want to get into a "my activity gets less respect than yours"
argument.  Dance has worked hard to happen at events and it's much
easier to find a place to dance than a place to shoot safely, not to
mention site rules prohibiting archery.  In the same time period (Sep
97-Feb 00) Middle Eastern Dance received 10 Sable Thistles and European
Dance received 7.  (For those interested, from the start of the OP to
present there have been 23 ME Dance Thistles and 28 European).

So it would appear that archers are getting getting attaboys at this
level.

--Perronnelle

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.