ANST - Re: ANST-Announce - Change in law...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Apr 17 10:43:15 PDT 2000

gptaylor wrote:

> I am sure that all involved realized this fact, when they proposed the change.
> It was the old Lyonesse date.  Bjornsborg didn't seem to have trouble getting
> people to attend this event, even when it was only a few days away from Gulfwar.
> My guess is that Crown won't have attendance problems either.  This way, their
> new Highnesses will be able to attend Gulf War, also...
>
> Isobel

Well, my wife and I would have attended more Lyonesses except for this
conflict. But yes, it doesn't take many, contestants or participants, to
have
a valid Crown Tournament. This brings back to mind all the loud
arguments
about the Gulf Wars being poorly scheduled because some folks couldn't
go
unless it corresponded to their Spring Breaks. I guess you can't please
everyone.

I don't see having Crown Tournament earlier for the sole reason of
letting
someone attend Gulf Wars as a Prince/Princesss to be a valid reason to
change the date. However, allowing extra time for the upcoming King and
Queen
to prepare themselves and learn their new roles is valid IMHO.

Just the opinion of a common peon.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net