ANST - Kingdom Calendar Changes

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Apr 18 09:23:09 PDT 2000

Bob Kelley wrote:
>  To this I replied that the first
> weekend of March was reserved in Kingdom Law for our Barony.

>     Recently, Brianna and I, were asked by Their Majesties, if the
> Barony would consider moving our "protected" date on the Kingdom
> Calendar,

>     The proposal to move our protected date has been discussed within
> our membership for the past two months.

>     Sir Emrys Shaunnon
>     Baron of Bjornsborg

What does this "protected" date mean? Do all Baronies get a "protected"
date for one of their two events? What about Shires and Cantons?

What is the purpose of having these "protected" dates, at least for
sub-kingdom groups? I can easily understand the need for "protected"
events for things like Crown Tournament and Coronation.

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous