ANST - FW: CBS Gulf War Seg. Air Date April 30

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Wed Apr 19 09:38:29 PDT 2000

Here's a thought...

If it turns out that the spot doesn't make it on CBS this AM on the 30th, please
don't bombard CBS with Emails or calls of complaint.  If it doesn't make it,
there's a reason for it, and it's probably ratings related (late breaking news,
etc).  We'll make it on someday...please be patient.

This whole show, if it turns out to show us in a positive light (as it seems
that it will), will be a wonderful advertisement for the SCA.  -Free- national
advertising.  Eight minutes, a huge amount of time.  Ultimately, we aren't doing
them much of a favor...they are doing us one.  So, don't let their interaction
with us turn negative by pecking them to death with emails, if it doesn't show.
It will.

Finally, if we use this opportunity, then we have the potential for attracting
and maintaining new members.  People will try to contact us afterwards.

What I suggest be done:

1.  Local websites should be updated to contain the most up-to-date contact
information.
2.  Groups should set up a small demo two or three weeks after the air-time.
This will allow folks who call or write to be invited to this demo to check out
what we are doing.
3.  Several weeks after the demo (or instead of one, for really busy groups),
there should be a newcomer's meeting, for those interested to come and receive
even more information.  Old timers should attend with their stuff.  Have those
most knowledgable, with good communication skills, talk about the various
aspects of our Society.

The dates for these things should be set up ASAP, so that those who contact us
can be given them on the first call.  Get their addresses too, and send them an
invitation to the demo and/or meeting.

Please forward or give a copy of this to your local hospitalers....

Isobel
Deputy Society Hospitaler
Deputy Ansteorran Hospitaler in charge of Web Stuff