ANST - Royal Huntsman

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 19:54:51 PDT 2000

As one who spent a good deal of time growing up with my right hand
pulling back a compound, and standing on small platforms in trees, I can
safely say the main reason I am willing to spend _much_ more time on my
rapier fighting than archery is that I can find a place to shoot archery
any weekend in or out of the SCA. I only know of the SCA to go fight in
a Rapier Tourney.

I must say that as an observer watching this thread, I am amazed.

Our Crown each riegn has only 9 months to really make an immediate
impact on the kingdom (3 as Crown Heirs, 6 as King and Queen). Only the
6 months as crown can they enact law. As they do they must trust that
their successors will continue to uphold what they have put into place.
I would note that their are not -any- armigerous awards for -any-
marshal activities and the only marshal activity I have seen recognized
with a Sable Thistle is Archery. I believe the Royal Huntsman is a bold
step by Their Royal Majesties Alaric and Kayleigh. One which I believe
will lead toward more public recognition of Our archers throughout the
Kingdom. One which I will support in any way I can.

In service to Crown and Kingdom
HL Darius of the Bells