ANST - Royal Huntsman

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Tue Apr 4 06:39:22 PDT 2000

> Ok my turn and this is not ment vindictiv, just my side. I drive some
> times
> meany hours sit through 2 courts fix some sort of meal if feast dosen't
> appeal try to watch some of the fighting be a cold day when I am in a
> circle
> meet with the kingdom marshal if he wishes try to help new archers. All
> archery shoots that I hold that are at a stated time are scheduled so that
> most of the fighters can also shoot can you say mid to late afternoon.

And those are the activities that you choose to participate in, and if you
chose not to you would not be thought less of by anyone.

Not to belabor the point, but the Crown, on the other hand, gets to spend
almost no time doing the activities that they choose to do (one might argue
that they "chose" to be Crown, but that is a very mixed bag that most first
timer's don't really comprehend).  How does a person become crown?  By
fighting, yet as soon as you win, your fighting days are severely limited
for nine months.  The consort is in the same position, what ever their
interests are, they are severely curbed.

The point that I wanted to make is that the Crown does the best they can in
supporting the activities that we all enjoy, usually at great expense to
themselves.  Granted, some succeed better than others, but this is not a job
that they have trained for, they learn as they go.

Alys
Steppes