ANST - Royal Huntsman

Fearghus lordfearghus at home.com
Tue Apr 4 08:04:32 PDT 2000

Padric said:

 If the Huntsman is to be afforded the same stature as the King's Champion
and the Queen's Champion, shouldn't they select the one who is the best in a
day of competition, rather than who is luckiest in a single round?

> See Gilli, even non-archers can have ideas.
> Padric   (v8

I do not look at the way the Champion will be chosen as luck. To be good at
what we do takes as much if not more practice as any of the other Martial
Arts that we in the Society practice. Yes someone could come out and 'luck'
into this position, but from experience this will not happen. In most of the
tournaments I have participated in skill is more important than luck.

Ld Fearghus MacKenna
Deputy Earl Marshal for Archery Ansteorra
Man at Arms to Centurion Airaklee Wolf