ANST - Royal Huntsman

paul kaveshan pkjdw at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:38:21 PDT 2000

>From: iainmacc at juno.com
>To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: ANST - Royal Huntsman
>Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:36:24 -0500

<snippage>

>	I will concede that the recognition and awards probably would increase
>interest. But it seems to me that somewhere along the line someone has to
>"sell" the idea of archery to more people. There are plenty of people out
>there who do whatever they do in the SCA just because it's fun, not for
>the recognition. Judging only by what I have heard on this list, it
>sounds as if the archery community needs to recruit some of those kind of
>people.
>
>								Iain MacCrimmon

Once upon a time (in real life)(so I've heard) a King outlawed golf as it
interfered with archery.  Archery was part of the defense of the kingdom.
Now I'm NOT saying that one of our kings should outlaw anything because it
"interferes" with archery, but it does show that archery is as period as
knights and rapier.  (Didn't a battle at Hastings have something to do with
archery?)

Awards would be nice, but I think recognition first would be a good step.
This new award for Royal Huntsman is another excellent step in getting more
archers involved in the SCA.  The more recognition, the more interest will
be generated.

Just my two Dinarii worth

Ld James