ANST - Black Star - Action!

leigh at casfs.org leigh at casfs.org
Sun Aug 6 23:57:01 PDT 2000

At 01:23 PM 08/06/2000 -0500, Lady Francesca Laviana Sansovino wrote:
>Good point, indeed.  But who among us that have accepted any "position of
>responsibility", from hosting a Populace Meeting, to Stewarding an event,
>to holding an office in service to the dream, hasn't had hiccups in our
>lives that prevented us from completed or fulfilling our responsibilities
>to our fullest capacity?  I hope that some of you who have posted, had
>the courage to call or e-mail the Chronicler and inquire about any
>problems, before you "complained" on-line.  A brave woman (who I assumed
>is the Chronicler) set up next to my table at Artisan yesterday.  This
>lady was actively seeking people (everyone who passed by her table) out
>to give them their overdue Black Stars.   Although I did not overhear any
>criticisms, I'm sure that whatever criticism she received was bravely
>received and apologies courageously given.

There are life hiccups and then there are life hiccups, few of these should
affect two issues in a row. I am a former Kingdom Chronicler, and a current
newsletter editor, so I know what your chronicler faces each month....
I've been meeting deadlines for publications for over 5 years now. The very
first thing one learns is to back up the issue constantly, either on a disk
or a zip disk, so one does not have to redo the issue from scratch due to a
computer problem.

Also, as a former kingdom chronicler, and a current newsletter editor, I do
not understand how inquiries about whether or not anyone had yet received
their newsletter qualifies as a complaint. Certainly were I the chronicler
in question I wouldn't see such questions in the light of people
complaining but simply as people trying to get information. Inquires as to
newsletter receipt are quite logical considering the whimsy of the US
Postal service that once ate an entire bag of Atenveldt newsletters...
something I never would have known if it weren't for people from that area
asking if anyone else had gotten tier Southwind yet.

>P.S.  Are any of you brave enough to apologize to her, now?

I apparently missed something vital in this conversation.... why should the
chronicler be owed an apology for inquires as to whether or not anyone had
received their newsletter yet?

Laetitia