ANST - proposal - was: Black Star - Action!

penningtonhall penningtonhall at email.msn.com
Sun Aug 6 17:50:26 PDT 2000

> side bar note: and please, none of the tired old arguements that not
> all people have or can afford web access ... they all know someone
> who does who can print out what they need or they can go to one of
> many public access points ... if this arguement has any validity in
> the present, then there is no valid reason for the kingdom using
> kingdom funds to buy and support a server solely for the "elite few"
> .... we have it, it's accepted, old arguements against web publishing
> can be proved invalid by association.

I totally disagree with you on this.  It would not effect just an "elite
few".   This would be a great inconvenience to many people to ask their
friends to print the information for them, not to mention the expense of
doing so  (i.e. print cartridge & paper).  Also I know people who have
computers but no printer.

There are many groups or households that use the Blackstar to plan which
events they will be attending.  What a pain it would be to log on to the
internet to find the information they need.  It is much easier to have the
Blackstar for reference so that it may be passed around, instead of having
to gather around someone's computer or to wait for it to print out.

Yes having the information on line is a good idea,  I access the Kingdom
calendar quite often.  Most often there is more information on line than in
the Blackstar.  But I still prefer hard copy,  I take mine with me to
events.  If I need information quickly I can pick up my Blackstar ten times
faster than I can access the information on line.

Ldy Mary Elizabeth