ANST - Re: Moonshadowe's 20th Gaurdian

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Sun Aug 27 18:06:04 PDT 2000

Sunday was also lovely.  We started the Insegnante tournament fairly
early and inside the hall in order to escape the heat.  We had 14
combatants, which someone said was similar to the Chivalric list.   We
fought five rounds, pairings chosen by challenge starting with the
lowest precedence combatants in the first round, then the combatants
who had won the least in the later rounds.

Lord Walter Robin, Cadet to Don Navarre and Seneschal of
Mooneschadowe, was chosen as the sixth Insegnante (which means teacher
in Italian) for his honor and panache during the fighting.

Gwennan & Aeddan served an excellent feast on Saturday night and we
were served lunch today, quite amazing when you consider the level of
heat outside the kitchen, let alone inside.

Guardian XX was an excellent event.  Vivat Mooneschadowe and thank you
for allowing me to be your Insegnante for the past year.

Hawkins