ANST - Another idea

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:21:36 PST 2000

>Then keep the archers on the parpapet
>under constant fire.

Yes, we need a group dedicated to suppressing.  I'll work that into the fire
plan I'm trying to figure out.

>Then try to get ramps up to the wall and establish fire
>points shooting into the fort.

You know what we could really use?  For a bunch of our archers to bring
stepladders that have shields fixed to their sides.  Set up the ladders 90
degrees from the wall.  That way when you go up the ladder you're edge-on to
the target the way you need to be for good aim.  You can hang baskets full
of arrows from the ladders and have a huge arrow supply close at hand
without having to actually carry them.

But what we need most of all is to have the archers' fire actually
coordinated with the ground attack.  We need to be able to mass fire when
and where it's really needed to do some good, rather than just harassment
fire against an area.

      Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra