ANST - Membership Numbers

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Wed Feb 16 16:49:07 PST 2000

Greetings all,

Just took a look see at the numbers on the page and got a tear in my eye.
Many probably won't remember or care but there was an Incipient Shire of
Rothundburg that went defunct after little more than a year.  It shows one
member at the end...I think that was me.  What is really sad is that despite
only having the 5 paid members required to be a shire during that time we
actually had something like 20 participating gentles in our region.  We
tried desperately to get these frequent participants to pay for memberships
but no joy.  In the end, of the original five, two decided it wasn't worth
the heartache and quit the SCA all together, one just up and disappeared,
one moved to another kingdom and that left me *looking for the plague that
took my shiremates away*.  As far as I know the other 15 or so people that
regularly participated but didn't have memberships are for the most part
still participating...as a household of all things.

Rhys Goch
Mka Sam Walters