ANST - Kingdom membership

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Thu Feb 10 11:43:05 PST 2000

>From Lady Marguerite des Fleur
Kingdom Seneschal at Large

I had the joy of coming to this good Kingdom which is more home then the Kingdom I have come from. I started playing about 12 or 13 years ago. When I was a newbie it was
expected that one support their Kingdom by both service and membership. Plus site fees and feast fees was a lot higher for non-members then a members fees so it was a
savings while I was in college to become a member. I feel if one could to buy a helm or pay 100.00 for garb or even go to events then one could afford to the small amount
of 35 or 60.00 dollars for a families memberships for a whole year. I know as I think back on being a new member. The beginning start of playing does cost a lot of money.
For all the things that goes into playing, the garb, the feast gear, the armor, ect. So a new member having a support person to pay for membership is a good idea for the
first year. I do know I have heard many people tell newbies that they don't have to have a membership to play and have down played the getting a membership. I have
personally state the fact no they don't have to have a membership. However they should be come a member as possible. Because it supports their kingdom, shire, barony and
the society as a whole to stay in good standing.

As far as the regional level I am not sure what the individual was talking about. Yes you have to be a member before one could enter the crown list.
Having someone sit at gate table excepting new memberships and encouraging membership is a good idea. Maybe hospitaliers, officers and a volunteer would be good at events.
Maybe we all could little by little get membership to increase. This is not the decision of how to get membership increased just my own personal opinion. Please keep the
membership discussion of ideas going. thank you for your huge response!
In Service Marguerite des Fleur

--
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com
                 The future web site:    www.spinningwinds.net