ANST - Kingdom membership

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Thu Feb 10 11:33:53 PST 2000

Greetings All!
	I am seeing a recurring theme - we must encourage players to become
members. They must be shown the "benefits" of being a paid member. The
benefits to the SCA have been lauded. Yes, memberships are income - to SCA,
Inc. We are a "me society". What are the benefits to "me"? By "me" I mean
"Joe Newbie" as well as those who have played for many years without a paid
membership. What are the benfits to them? It cannot be - "because it is the
right thing". If that were so and everyone believed in it, then this thread
would not be taking place.

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad
(My family and I have been members since '83 (with a few lapses due to
funding)).

(snipped)