ANST - Kingdom Membership/Pay to Play

Heather Ault htault at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 13:11:49 PST 2000

My Lords and Ladies,

Forgive me but I feel I should respond to this issue.

I am a relative newcomer to the SCA and my budget as a
new wife and college student is very limited.
Therefore, my attendance at events is rare and I enjoy
all the more the events I do have the opportunity to
attend. To some, a site fee of $7 or $8 and a feast
fee of, say, $5 is not exorbitant. However, to those
of us who dearly love the SCA but have limited means,
site and/or feast fees add up. Not to mention the cost
of gas to and from and the other daily costs of
attending such an event.

In short, I feel that charging non-members more is
unjust. Perhaps it is their financial situation which
keeps them from becoming the full-fledged member they
wish to be. Please remember that not everyone is
well-off or even making ends meet. Thank you and Vivat
Ansteorra!

Respectfully yours,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
mka Heather Nieto