ANST - Kingdom membership

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 15:22:03 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/10/00 9:07:45 AM Central Standard Time,
gilli at seacove.net writes:

<< Greetings and Hi There,

 Genevieve de Courtanvaux wrote:

 This thread is reminding me strongly of the "pay to play" days. In case you
 have forgotten this Kingdom led the way in saying NO! we won't pay to play.

 At the risk of being flamed to a crisp,  I think if you have to *pay* to
 work your butt off as an officer, marshal, Crown or autocrat, then the rest
 should *pay* to play.  I thought so then, and still do.  :)   But that's
 just me, and we all know how I am.

 Gilli

 Shoot more arrows, you're bound to hit something.  To darken the skies with
 Ansteorran arrows at Gulf War, someone must first make them.  I speak for no
 one but myself.  My opinions are mine.  I am not a member of Middleford.
 Void where prohibited.  Your mileage may vary.  No warrenty implied. :)

But if you play as long as I have you will have times when you are very
active and have a paid membership. Then when you are not in the financial
place where you can afford to pay you can still play a little. When I was in
collage I remember working events so I could go. I loved it.  The beauty of
the SCA is that you are always welcome.