ANST - Kingdom Membership/Pay to Play

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Thu Feb 10 19:30:31 PST 2000

Greetings Gentles of the List,

I am fairly new to the SCA having been involved with the Society for about 4
years.  In my experience in this kingdom (as compared with Caid the only
other kingdom I have resided in) the only tangible benefits of a paid
membership is that you don't have to sign the waiver at troll, you get TI,
and the Black Star.  Which IMHO is reason enough.  In Caid the other added
benefit was that you got a reduced rate for entrance at most events.

Less tangible benefits are sure to vary from person to person and for me I
liked to be able to say that "I'm a paid member" then flash my lil blue card
at troll..LOL