ANST - Kingdom membership

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 16 13:44:31 PST 2000

> Two dollars isn't much but it adds up. Also I am ashamed to say to a
> potential member. Please come to this event but you are going to have to
> pay more because you are not one of us. Lots of groups  give discounts to
> new members but we just punish them and push them away.
>
> Yours Willow

I honestly feel that no new person coming to an even would think twice
about paying a "non-member" fee of $2. This goes on all the time in the
modern world. Season Pass holders get discounts, Reward card holders
get specials, club members recieve discounts.  Everybody is aware that
"membership has it's benefits" and everyone can relate to members paying
less. And when they are attending this magical world of pagentry and
knights in shining armor they couldn't care less about a surcharge.

I do feel it is mostly the people who are long term and refuse to pay for
a membership that are really upset by this. The majority of people are
proud to be members of the SCA not for any insurance reason or even
for population count but simply because being a member makes them
feel better.

I couldn't care less about a non-member fee or any of this. But I also
feel that having such a fee or not allowing non-members to be officers
or whathaveyou will not damage the reputation of the SCA in any way.

Let none find dishonor where none exists.

Gunthar