ANST - laws of economics and membership

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 20:30:58 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/15/00 11:37:21 AM Central Standard Time,
kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com writes:

<< Actually, one can only lower the price of an item to the extant that it
 covers the cost of the item. Current prices in the SCA cover the cost of the
 SCA, Inc.  The prices really shouldn't go lower by definition.  Therefore,
 to increase demand, other methods are employed: advertising.  This is what
 this discussion is really about.  We should encourage (advertise)
membership.
   If membership ever reaches a level where there is excess income...I can
see
 the prices dropping, but we aren't there yet.

And, yet, the customer has clearly demonstrated that the person is not
willing to pay that much.  Again, the chicken or the egg?

So, how do we get around this paradox?  How do you convince someone that it's
worth the added cost?

Lord Johanne Kiefer Hayden          Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.
Barony of Bryn Gwlad                "Insanity with an attitude."
Kingdom of Ansteorra                pkieferjr at aol.com