ANST - laws of economics and membership

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 20:36:49 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/15/00 11:58:12 AM Central Standard Time, pug at pug.net
writes:

<< 1) Every subscribing member gets a copy of the Blackstar. $x goes to the
    Kingdom for printing and mailing. This is the same across all Kingdoms.
 2) Every subscribing members gets a copy of the TI. $x goes to this.
 3) Every member helps pay for insurance. $x goes to this.
 4) Every member helps pay for corporate overhead. $x goes to this.

 Now #1 and #2 are probably fairly static numbers for every member.

 #3 can either be static or variable depending on the insurance. If we
 have to pay $x for every member, then it's static, if it's $x every year
 no matter how many members, than it's variable.

 #4 is variable.

 If #3 and #4 are variable, than you can lower membership costs per year
 with more paid members. Now with #1 and #2 being static, it may be
 difficult to lower it much depending on how much is apportioned to each
 category. >>

Which isn't going to mean much to the Average Joe on the Street if he thinks
that #1 + #2 + #3 + #4 + "whatever" is too much to pay.  Psychologically, we
have to convince him that it's worth the extra cost to become a member.
Right now, he doesn't think so.  The numbers bear this out.

Lord Johanne Kiefer Hayden          Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.
Barony of Bryn Gwlad                "Insanity with an attitude."
Kingdom of Ansteorra                pkieferjr at aol.com