ANST - Money needs (was Kingdom membership)

Greg Shetler shetler at home.com
Thu Feb 17 01:51:59 PST 2000

jonwillowpel at juno.com wrote:

> I would like to comment on something. Back when we were becoming a
> kingdom a member of the board came down and told us that they were
> increasing the cost of membership. Not because we needed more running
> money but because the members of the board wanted to be paid. Over and
> over again the board has spent the money on themselves. Right now being a
> board member is looked at as a free travel card. If we saved a dollar on
> insurance it would go into the  benny hole.  The local and kingdom
> organizations don't get any benefits from our  national dues. Our money
> comes from the donations of the people. People are our wealth. Most of
> our chapters support our activates from our site fees. If we make the
> site fees less more people can come. If more people come there is a
> greater chance that the event will be fun. Young, poor people often have
> more energy than richer older people. If we have more fun, more people
> come making more money.

And as I see it, there are really two ways to cure the "BOD travel
ticket" problem:  1) just don't pay, in protest, and watch as the few
bennies that membership brings shrivel up and die, or 2) get involved
with the BOD, and try to change the way they view things.  I know which
looks more proactive to me.

Dux