ANST - New Question...

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:33:42 PST 2000

>From: jonwillowpel at juno.com

>One of the things about people who are too poor to paid 35.00 dollars is
>they often try to make up by working hard in their local area. Most of us
>have a social conscience . We try to do our share. Remember when dealing
>with volunteers you need not to confuse them. What is more important?
>Someone paying 2 dollar extra at gate or someone working 4 hours at gate.

Maybe the difference can be kicked back with a certian amount of work at the
event? Each organizer of an activity could have vouchers that the person
could take to the treasurer...who would then have to cut them a
check...since we cannot pay for anything directly out of gate recipts...a
little complicated...but maybe....?

>One of the binds volunteer organizations get their selves into is looking
> >too much like a market organization. Our sites fee are donations that
> >keep our local chapters going they aren't an admission ticket that
>covers>all the cost.

The trouble is that people treat it like that...that they pay their fee so
they have no obligation to help...It is a malady of the overall (American)
society that the extent of obligation is to throw money at it...

>We couldn't pay all the people that work at our events with
>our site fees. We need to very clear that we need more help.  If we get>to
>caught up in this "paid" "not paid" we might lose a lot of good
>workers

no one could pay me enough for the lengths i have gone to to work for this
"game", some service is coerced...but most comes from the heart and that is
priceless...