ANST - Kingdom membership

Patrick J.Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Feb 18 06:59:26 PST 2000

> Dear Gunthar
> I thought you were one of those people who believes that the SCA is just
> a cocktail party in costume. I got the idea that you look down on us
> people who wanted to roleplay. I believe people would not mind paying a
> little more or even being paid up members if we were offering the Magical
> World of Pagentry. Unfortunely the show is pretty poor right now. Oh sure
> there are more period tents but the people are all sitting around talking
> about their jobs or cars or computors or whose doing what to whom. The
> most beautiful set in the world doesn't make up for bad acting.
> Willow not in persona Taylor

You know your Grace, I realize that this subject is a hot topic for you,
but I find this a little on the rude side.

Especially since Gunthar just got off donating 6 months of his life to
this organization, and is someone I've seen working at each event he's
been at.

10 or 15 years ago people role-played all the time, yet we still had
problems with people paying for membership.  The excuses were the same
back then also.  So it can't be the lack of role-playing.

Petruccio