ANST - Pictures

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at insurdata.com
Thu Feb 24 14:43:58 PST 2000

I can state soundly that you will not 'feel like an outsider' as a
rapier fighter in Ansteorra.  Ansteorra started rapier fighting, and
we have the most thriving community of fighters in the Knowne World.

But... You will have to realize that the SCA has existed, world-wide,
on Armored combat for over 34 years.  All of the major wars are
fought in that style of fighting, though certain wars like Gulf Wars
do have War Points that involve Rapier.  You also have to realize
that at the current time there is no peerage to recognize those with
exceptional skill in rapier fighting, though in the rapier community
in Ansteorra the Order of the White Scarf is commonly treated with
the high level of respect other communities give peers.

I enjoy rapier fighting, and will continue to.  I have never felt
like an outsider because of fighting rapier, but I have been so
impressed by the battles at Gulf Wars last year that this year I will
ALSO be in armor for the Armored melees.

Timothy of Glastonbury
Archer - Arthurian Company
Rapier Fighter
Protege to Viscount Galen of Bristol