ANST - A question about footwear

CADET1313 at aol.com CADET1313 at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 17:06:00 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/3/00 12:20:45 PM Central Standard Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< Happy Millenium All,

 I noticed in the current Black Star a mention that all entrants
 into the Queen's Champion list must wear period footwear.
 I admit that I have some questions about this. For one, what
 is meant by period footwear?

A. no neon orange nikes.

Must the footwear be matching
 the garb and century of the fighter?

As long as they don't look like modern shoes. ( again the bright nikes)

 Who will determine what is appropriate and what isn't?

A. Sorry i don't know this one.

Are Tivar's Nikes inappropriate

A. Nope, his shoes are documentable.

 or is it just to remove white tennis shoes and combat boots
 from the list?

A.that might be close to the idea.

How period must the footwear be? Can modern
 English riding boots or the non-period thigh highs be worn?

A. better them then those darn nikes :o)

 Yers,

 Gunthar