ANST - A question about footwear

paul kaveshan pkjdw at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:09:04 PST 2000

>From: "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at realtime.net>
>To: <ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: RE: ANST - A question about footwear
>Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:28:16 -0600
>

>here's a discussion point .. you choose to wear steel toed boots (or
>steel toed black leather sneakers)for *safety* sake - traction, ankle
>support, toe protection (a good reason for combat boots).  should't
>that take precidence over "theatric" / appearance issues?

I can't argue the point of safety.  I refuse to compromise for anyone on
that point.  You do whatever it takes to be safe.  I was a safety officer
for many years while doing civil war reinactments.  We hid our "modern"
equipment too.  Same thing, cover it up.

(Side note)
When doing civil war battles, one guy did a "compromise" on safety, he ended
up blowing a hole in the back of his leg.

James De Warrenne