ANST - Slings

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Jan 13 09:12:55 PST 2000

Gunthar wrote:
> I certainly don't feel we should call slingstones as we call arrows or trebuchet
> rocks.
> So what is the ruling so I don't make a mistake on the field?

This points to one of the inconsistancies in SCA combat. We are supposed
to treat all arrow hits as if they penetrated. Yet, there are period
accounts of soldiers walking around with half a dozen arrows protruding.
Obviously not all of those penetrated or were fatal wounds.

So, for consistancy on the SCA battle field I imagine you are going
to have accept them, although perhaps a modified rule which says that
peripheral shots (legs and arms) count but shots on the torso don't.
In this case, I'm assuming the torso is more heavily armored.

But for now, it is more a question of what do the current rules say?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net